Warren was born in 1950 in Osceola, Missouri and married his high school sweetheart, Marla Garrison in 1972. He grew up on a farm in Benton County, and attended one room schools at Shiloh & Freedom. At age 6 his dad passed away and his dad’s estate left him with one Hereford heifer. Three years later his granddaddy gave him 2 Duroc pigs and this became the beginning of Love Ranch in 1959. Fifty-three years in the making and Love Ranch continues to be a commercial cow/calf and quarter horse operation today.
Warren graduated from Osceola High School in 1968 as an active member and president for Future Farmers of America. He attended college and vocational school in Warrensburg becoming a carpenter by trade and operating Love Construction Company until 1982. Changing careers, Warren operated a feed business representing MoorMan's Manufacturing Feed Company in a 9 county district for a total of 21 years. Starting as a Sales Representative, then promoted to a District Personnel Manager and Livestock Consultant. In 2002 he opened and continues to operate the Toadsuck Grill & Trading Company (BBQ restaurant) and Iconium Mini Storage. Alongside this, Warren continues to operate Love Construction Company and Love Ranch.
Proudly Serving Our Community:
• He served 16 years on the Osceola School Board.
• He was St. Clair County Cattlemen’s first president in 1975 & 1976, served as a board member in the 1990’s, and is once again serving as the county President.
• He was a founding board member of the St. Clair County Youth Fair in the 1980’s.
• He has volunteered in the community by helping construct the Osceola youth fair buildings, restoration of the Shiloh Tabernacle & Liberty Baptist Church, designing and helping build the Burning of Osceola Monument
• He organizes and sponsors the Annual Iconium Shiloh Wagon/Trail Ride fundraiser with proceeds donated to local cemetery maintenance
• Coached 5 years of youth baseball when his sons played.
• He is an active Gideon, who attends Hopewell Church in Quincy, Missouri.
Hopewell Church, Gideon’s International; Missouri Cattlemen’s Association; American Quarter Horse Association; Missouri Farm Bureau; National Rifle Association (NRA); Lowry City Masonic Lodge; Osceola, El Dorado Springs, Warsaw, and Pomme de Terre Chamber of Commerce; Benton and St Clair County Historical Society.
Warren’s wife Marla has faithfully cared for many patients as a registered nurse working with the St. Clair County Health Department 16 years, Golden Valley Memorial Hospital (GVMH) 11 years, and currently with GMVH in Warsaw, Missouri at the Cardio/Pulmonary Rehab Department. With 40 years of marriage under their belt they are blessed with 4 children, Elizabeth, Anna, Charlie, and John & 8 grandchildren, who enjoy coming home to the ranch.
- Elizabeth is married with two children and lives in Fayetteville, Arkansas. She graduated from Missouri State University with a degree in Hospitality Restaurant Administration and currently manages Magnolia Gardens Inn & Event Center.
- Anna is married with 4 children and lives in Paris, Missouri. She graduated from Missouri State University with a degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders. She has worked in the medical and educational setting for the past 11 years as a Speech Language Pathologist.
- Charlie is married with 2 children and lives in Olathe, Kansas. He graduated from Missouri University of Science and Technology with a degree in Civil Engineering and currently works for the City of Overland Park Kansas Public Works Department.
- John served 3 years with the U.S. Army as an Explosive Ordinance Disposal Technician doing tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and recently graduated from Columbia College with a degree in Environmental Science. He lives in Osceola, Missouri, where he helps farm, runs Toadsuck Grill, and manages at the Osceola Cheese Factory.